Sunday, December 30, 2012

Me and Larry, Larry and Me.

I've named my knee Larry. Actually Larry the Left Knee.  At this point in our relationship, I've learned Larry likes ice, drugs, and sleep and while Larry gets his way most of the time and can be a bit cranky, he's actually done well at his exercises. I'm happy to report that Larry and I have done every single set of exercises assigned to us by my physical therapist, Erica, who worked with the CSU Volleyball team while I was a Ram, which means that I'm suuuuper happy about having her.   I have a few ins with CSU athletics and they've all had great things to say about Erica and from what little time we've worked together, I concur.

Larry and I are kicking it out on the farm for the week.  I've got my trusty laptop and when I find motivation, I've been working on SheJumps, school work, and most recently, trying to find a decent hat pattern to knit.  (It always takes me about as long to make up my mind on what I'm knitting as it does actually get it done.)

I'm saving water too!  I was allowed to shower yesterday but opted not to because I didn't want to deal with wrapping up Larry (he can't get wet) plus my B.O. is still at an accepted level amongst most of my friends so I have a few more days before I have to do something about it for my family.  ;)

Dad somehow worked his magic and before we left "town"  went to Barnes and Noble and got three mountaineering books I had not yet read (I didn't even know there were three I hadn't read!)  So I'm diving into some Ed Viesturs "The Will to Climb" this afternoon.

My SheJumps sisters have continued to be my support system.  I'm amazed at how thoughtful everyone is, I've got calls and comments from all over the United States, even from some girls who I haven't met in person, just from working on different projects with.  I'm so lucky to have such a great family, friends, and coworkers.  With SheJumps, I've gotten all of that in one.  If you can't ski, it's nice to hear "I'll be taking a run for you today, Mel!"  I know I'm there in spirit, even if I can't be there in person.  Perhaps I'll have to get after a SJ project for the injured or disabled.

There are some parts of this that are super annoying.  Here's my complaint list:

1.) My stomach has been jacked and I have a serious lack of appetite.
2.) The exercises are obnoxious!  And sometimes painful!
3.) The drugs make me super groggy.
4.) I have bad boogers.
5.) I miss Scotty.

See everyone?  I'm not doing too bad. Larry sends his love!

No comments: