Sunday, March 11, 2012

Sur-Pies! Banana Cream Pie Recipe

We threw my parents a surprise 60th birthday party this weekend.  I was tasked with making some desserts so I chose banana cream pie, a long favorite of my rad dad.  Here is the recipe I used.

Ingredients:

3 eggs
3 cups of whole milk
1/3 cup corn starch
1/3 cup sugar
1/4 cup butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon salt



Directions for filling:

Combine sugar, starch and salt in a medium sized sauce-pan, whisk in milk and egg yolks over medium-high heat.  Constantly stir until mixture thickens and begins to boil.  Remove the mixture from the heat and add vanilla and butter and stir until butter melts and is mixed in.  Place in refrigerator to completely cool stirring occasionally, around an hour or so.  Place sliced bananas in bottom of prepared and baked crust (use Grandma Renzelman's crust recipe!!!)  layer custard and bananas.  Top with whipped cream!

YUMMY!

No comments: